The Jamaica Observer interviews persons of “high standing” on their necessary luxuries and being that I do not qualify for their paper, I decided I qualify for mine :)
Let me say this first: Like many things in life I believe both terms are relative, Necessary & Luxury, I therefore encourage you to make your own list. I am tagging a couple bloggers at the end to see what’s on their list, no rules, no arguments, just what are your necessary luxuries?
- My MacBook Pro, I do sometimes wonder how I ever existed without it. I communicate, learn, connect with this device.
- My Digicel Blackberry, not the most advanced device, not even the one I dream about, but it keeps me connected. With family sprawled all over the globe – BBM keeps us connected from Afghanistan to Canada, to Texas, to Florida, to Dubai and here in Jamaica.
- iPod nano (5th generation) not just my personal music collection, I’ve also got radio, a video camera, a pedometer – can’t get that on the new one..
- Bridget Sandals, there are imitations of her work worldwide but a pair of handcrafted leather sandals concieved in the mind of this phenomenal woman is yet to be duplicated. There is nothing that cannot be worn with a pair of Bridget Sandals, from swimsuit to ball gown there is a pair to compliment them all.
- Notebooks. In a digital age, the notebook feels as luxurious as a real book. The ability to express yourself with writing or doodles or silliness and see your handiwork is irreplaceable by any font created by someone else.
- Last but not least: Friends, real ones are necessary and unfortunately are a luxury as many persons have never had the opportunity of having any.
Seems simple, doesn’t it? Now it’s your turn, I hereby tag:
- Illiana.I.Am (Follow Her)
- Thoughts of a Cynic (Follow Him)
- Khaleel McDonald (Follow Him)
- Naomi Cowan (Follow Her)
- Chunchimina (Follow Her)
- Mr. Musique (Follow Him)