For the past few months I’ve been telling people that I’m “auditioning churches”. Though it is an odd way to describe it, I am looking for a place of worship and fellowship (in that order thank you). The issue though, is that this is just a technicality – I just really haven’t been getting out of my bed and going. This is a sad state of personal affairs, as I want to find a new home church, I seem to feel so guilty about abandoning my current home church I’d rather sleep in (or find a beach).
I have plotted against my procrastination over the years by eliminating excuses, so let me eliminate an excuse here and now: What am I looking for in an iHoW?
- Word from God which speaks to me
- Great Worship
- Acceptance of individuality (God didn’t make only 5 types of humans)
- Small Groups Ministry
- Outreach Ministry
- Spiritual Leadership
- Scripture Strong Sermons
- Practical & Logical over Emotional urgings
- Accountability amongst and to members (this includes fiscal)
- Congregants whom I can connect to
- Church People
- Cliched Sermons
- Opinion over Biblical Substance
- Condescending Members
- Brimstone & Doom services
- Give Me Your Money sermons/pastors
- Attraction to me for my Associations
- Clique dominated congregation
- Church Classicism
- Divisive preaching
- Off limit leaders
If you have any suggestions of where I should look or questions about why am I even looking at all – say something.